Small Business Marketing Grant
Does Google, Bing, and DuckDuckgo deliver free traffic to your website?
Driving organic traffic from search engines can be a meaningful way to support or grow your business because it can consistently deliver people interested in your products or services to your website…for free. There may be no better time to try and drive organic traffic than during this Covid-19 pandemic. We will help. This program aims to support Black-owned and minority-owned businesses by providing free SEO evaluations, advice, and planning.
Minority Business Micro-grant
(1) $100 monthly grant. We will choose one person each month from the applications that we receive to give a $100 micro-grant. A grant winner will be selected on the last date of each month, beginning February 28, 2021.
We hope to increase the grant amount, or number of grants, in the near future.
Who is behind the grant?
Jovan Johnson Bio | LinkedIn
Jovan has worked to optimize websites for large companies such as Shutterfly, Uber, and Stitch Fix. He has worked on not fewer than 210 websites in ~40 business and service verticals in 5 countries.
SEO Program Prerequisites
- Must have a live website.
- Must be open to feedback and recommendations.
- Can access to your website editor or CMS to make site revisions. You’ll need to make the changes to your site.
- Must have a Google account: you’ll request assistance via a Google Form.
Program Recommendations (almost Requirements)
- If you don’t already have both Google Analytics installed on your site and a verified Google Search Console account, get them.
- Why Google Analytics (GA)?
GA is a free tool that provides details regarding user behavior across your website. It allows you to review things ranging from the source of your traffic by category (e.g. search engine, social media platform, or referral site) to which pages receive the most traffic to the cities where your visitors are searching.
- Why Google Search Console (GSC)?
GSC is a free diagnostic tool through which you can find out whether your pages are included in Google’s index, how they’re performing, and whether your site has errors.
If you need help setting these up, we will help you.
SEO Program Terms and Conditions:
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an increase in your website traffic, orders, or sales. We cannot guarantee any outcome.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue this program at any time at our sole discretion.
- Due to limited resources, we will not be able to accept everyone who applies.
- Accordingly, we reserve the right to select the recipients of these services at our sole discretion.
- We will NOT use your information to (try to) sell you anything.
- We will NOT use your contact information to add you to a mailing list.
- We will NOT share your information with any other entity.
Application Deadline: Rolling. Applications are eligible for both grants.